Take Action: Tell TX and LA governors to activate the Emergency Prescription/Assistance Program
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to activate its Emergency
Prescription Assistance Program (EPAP). This program will ensure that
eligible patients can receive their desperately needed prescriptions at
no cost from participating pharmacies.
Here are more references to assistance for those who need their vital medications after such a loss due to Hurricane Harvey...
- Infusion Center Locator (https://locator.infusioncenter.org/) - Allows the display of infusion facilities as temporarily closed (live and up-to-date)
- Healthcare Ready's RxOPEN page (https://www.healthcareready.org/rxopen) - Resource that displays operational capacity of retail pharmacies within impacted communities
- This group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/HurricaneHarveymedicalsupplies/) was created by health advocates active in their health communities. They are taking donations & mobilizing volunteers to fill untapped needs for patients with chronic conditions
- Disaster Relief Resource Pages: (https://www.healthcareready.org/resources) & (https://infusioncenter.org/disaster-relief/)
- FDA resource pages on safe drug use after a natural disaster:(https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/EmergencyPreparedness/ucm085200.htm )
- Please also see this resource that may help with future planning:https://creakyjoints.org/living-with-arthritis/emergency-preparedness-tips-for-the-arthritis-community/
- PLEASE pass these onto those you feel may need the assistance and others that may forward it to others..